Thursday 28 st October 2021
This Privacy and Security Policy explains why and how we will use the personal information that we have obtained from you or others, with whom we share it and the rights you have in connection with the information we use. Please read the following carefully.
Sinnovator is the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Sinnovator decides why and how your personal information is processed. Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
- What information we collect
- What we do with the information we gather
- Links to other websites & Security Policy
- Legal basis
- Retention policy
- Your rights
- Contact us
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to sell your personal information to third party companies for mailing or marketing purposes.
When you make a purchase from our website, we collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. N.E. Services Limited complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and will treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private. Please note that we do not store credit card details.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address, social media handle);
- your date of birth;
- any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our stores or when using our Site or social media pages;
- details of your orders and purchases;
- your marketing preferences;
- the opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and product reviews;
- information you provide when completing a Tax Free Shopping Form;
- any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
- your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information (see further Your rights in relation to your personal information)
- details of any transactions between you and us;
- information you give us when you contact us with a query or issue;
- your payment card details and, in relation to certain refunds, your bank account details;
- information you give us when you contact us with a query or issue
When you visit our site we automatically collect:
- the frequency of your voucher and discount downloads;
- IP address of your device and details regarding the type of device and browser software you use to access the Site;
- details of your use of our Site - where and when you clicked on certain parts of our Site and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
- the date and time you used our Site;
- the pages you visited on our Site and how long you visited us for;
- the website address from which you accessed our website;
- details regarding when and how you consented to receive marketing communications from us (including the date you provided your consent);
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information.
- to take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law; and
- to handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- to tailor and personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes, for example, by sending you a birthday message;
- to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us;
- to contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other online platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us
- to send you an electronic communication if you have closed your browser with items in your shopping basket;
- to send you electronic marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us, made a purchasing enquiry or requested information of interest. At the time we first collect your details we will give you a simple way to opt out and object to our sending you electronic marketing information and this option will be repeated in every subsequent marketing message we send you. We will only contact you with information about our own similar products and services, which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- in some cases we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications.
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfill the requests you make to us.
- to administer our Site and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes;
- for the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as an account holder or visitor;
- for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- for efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems, for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we hold about you;
- to enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings;
- to inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies; and
- for other general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
- to process your payment card or bank details when taking payment for your orders or when providing a refund; and
- to run our competitions and promotions that you enter from time to time and to distribute prizes.
- to notify you of any product recall issues.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our Site and social media pages. These third party service providers can be categorised as follows:
- Advertising, PR, digital and creative agencies
- Banks, payment processors and financial services providers
- Server software system providers, including database, email and document management providers
- Delivery and mailing services providers
- Insurers and insurance brokers
- Legal, security and other professional advisers and consultants
- Market and customer research providers
- Service Providers for email marketing campaigns
- Social media platforms
- Website developers
- Website and data analytics platform providers
- Website hosting services providers
Transfers of your personal information outside of Europe
We transfer your personal information outside of Europe. We take measures to protect your personal information.
The personal information you provide to us may be transferred or stored in countries located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, if any of our servers or those of our third party service providers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA or if our third party suppliers themselves send personal Information out of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK and may not have adequate data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA. The non-EEA countries to which we transfer your personal data are: The USA.
If we (or our third party suppliers) transfer or store your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
If you use our services whilst you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
Legal basis for the use of your Personal Information
Our use of your Personal Information is necessary:
- to perform our obligations under any contract with you (eg. to fulfil an order which you place with us); or
- for complying with our legal obligations (for example, if we are asked by regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies to share the information); or
- for our legitimate interests (eg. run our business, operate and ensure the security of our website, provide services to our customers and receive payment and provide customer services; and for internal group administrative purposes)
- If we rely on your consent for us to use your Personal Information in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us.
Links to other websites & Security Policy
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. Sinnovator
maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL 2048bit encryption technology, the most advanced
security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy
and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
Our websites are not only secured by Comodo Extended Validation SSL Certificates, we also provide Comodo Trustlogo®'s, powered by the Internet's only real-time Identity Assurance infrastructure, IDAuthority®.
SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|PETTABS||Remembers which rolling banners have been displayed to resume the same banner when you come back to a page.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|trackPageview||Google Analytics - Enhanced Link Attribution.|
|__UTMA||Google Analytics - Tracks each user's amount of visits, first, last visit.|
|__UTMB||Google Analytics - Used to track when a visit starts.|
|__UTMC||Google Analytics - Used to track when a visit approximately ends.|
|__UTMK||Google Analytics - Digest hashes of UTM values.|
|__UTMLI||Google Analytics - Enhanced Link Attribution.|
|__UTMV||Google Analytics - Used for user-custom variables in Analytics.|
|__UTMX||Google Analytics - Used by Google Website Optimiser to improve webpages.|
|__UTMZ||Google Analytics - Used to track where a visitor came from e.g. search engine.|
Retention Period for your personal information
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information indefinitely (e.g. to supress marketing messages) whilst for others we retain it for a period of 7 years after the information is no longer required for business reasons so that we can deal with any legal proceedings that could arise.
We retain an anonymised version of the submitted personal information for as long as we require it for reporting and other statistical and analytical purposes. Such anonymised information will not identify you and may be derived from personal information that was contained within accounts that have subsequently been deleted.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to verify your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received full details of your request.
You have the following rights, some of which may only apply in certain circumstances.
- to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- to object to processing of your personal information;
- to withdraw your consent to processing your personal information;
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to have your personal information erased;
- to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it;
- to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard, machine-readable form; and
- rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling.
Contact and legal information
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason by post, email or by phone.
To contact us for any reason, including to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact us, marking the message for the attention of the Data Protection Officer: Contact Us page